Spree of thefts from motor vehicles in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
There has been a spree of thefts from motor vehicles over St Albans in the last week.
Police are appealing for information on eight separate crimes took place.
Between 9.15pm and 10.45pm on Monday, thieves smashed the passenger windows of three cars parked at Verulam Golf Club in London Road, St Albans.
A sat nav was stolen from one car and officers are still trying to contact the owner of another.
To report any information on these crimes, use reference numbers F1/17/5563, F1/17/5564, or F1/17/5565.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday offenders smashed the window of a car in Prospect Road and took a purse, a laptop, Bose headphones and a North Face bag between 3.30am and 3.40am. To report information, use reference number F1/17/5568.
Between 5pm on Saturday and midday on Monday a vehicle was broken into on a driveway in Garrard Way, Wheathampstead and an iPod was taken.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
To report information on this, use reference number F2/17/2218.
Between 10.45pm on Sunday and 7.30am on Monday offenders took an iPhone from another vehicle in Garrard Way.
To report information on this, use reference number F2/17/2221.
Between 10pm on Sunday and 8am on Monday Ray-Ban sunglasses were stolen from a vehicle in Saxon Road, Wheathampstead.
To report information on this, use reference number F2/17/2220.
Between 8pm on Sunday, November 19 and 4.30am on Monday, November 20, offender gained access to a van parked in Nurseries Road, Wheathampstead and took a wallet before making off.
To report information on this, use reference number F2/17/2219.
Anyone with any information has been asked to contact Herts police on 101, quoting the relevant reference number.
Car owners have also been asked to lock their doors and shut windows, take keys out of the ignition and don’t leave them visible, and never leave valuables in their vehicle.
They can also register their property on the database at www.immobilise.com to help police track it down if it’s stolen.