Special fundraising dinner in aid of St Albans museum project
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a city centre restaurant is lending his support to a new project to house a museum and art gallery in the iconic town hall.
Freddie Bendahman, the man behind Freddie’s in Adelaide Street, will be hosting a special dinner tomorrow (Monday) to fundraise for the plans.
It will include a glass of Prosecco, a choice of starter and main course followed by coffee and petits fours for £29.50 and the full ticket price will be donated to the £7.75m project.
He said: “This is one of the most important and exciting things to happen in the city.
“We must preserve and share our amazing history and I am delighted to be involved in making it happen.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests are welcome at 6.30pm to sit down for the meal at 7pm.
Cllr Annie Brewster, the district council’s portfolio holder for heritage, said “Well done Freddie, we are very grateful for your kind generosity.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
“What a great way to support the project. I am sure we are going to have a fabulous evening with you.”
To buy tickets call Verulamium Museum on 01727 751810.