Special fundraising dinner in aid of St Albans museum project
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a city centre restaurant is lending his support to a new project to house a museum and art gallery in the iconic town hall.
Freddie Bendahman, the man behind Freddie’s in Adelaide Street, will be hosting a special dinner tomorrow (Monday) to fundraise for the plans.
It will include a glass of Prosecco, a choice of starter and main course followed by coffee and petits fours for £29.50 and the full ticket price will be donated to the £7.75m project.
He said: “This is one of the most important and exciting things to happen in the city.
“We must preserve and share our amazing history and I am delighted to be involved in making it happen.”
Guests are welcome at 6.30pm to sit down for the meal at 7pm.
Cllr Annie Brewster, the district council’s portfolio holder for heritage, said “Well done Freddie, we are very grateful for your kind generosity.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
“What a great way to support the project. I am sure we are going to have a fabulous evening with you.”
To buy tickets call Verulamium Museum on 01727 751810.