Special fundraising dinner in aid of St Albans museum project
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a city centre restaurant is lending his support to a new project to house a museum and art gallery in the iconic town hall.
Freddie Bendahman, the man behind Freddie’s in Adelaide Street, will be hosting a special dinner tomorrow (Monday) to fundraise for the plans.
It will include a glass of Prosecco, a choice of starter and main course followed by coffee and petits fours for £29.50 and the full ticket price will be donated to the £7.75m project.
He said: “This is one of the most important and exciting things to happen in the city.
“We must preserve and share our amazing history and I am delighted to be involved in making it happen.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests are welcome at 6.30pm to sit down for the meal at 7pm.
Cllr Annie Brewster, the district council’s portfolio holder for heritage, said “Well done Freddie, we are very grateful for your kind generosity.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
“What a great way to support the project. I am sure we are going to have a fabulous evening with you.”
To buy tickets call Verulamium Museum on 01727 751810.