Special fundraising dinner in aid of St Albans museum project
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a city centre restaurant is lending his support to a new project to house a museum and art gallery in the iconic town hall.
Freddie Bendahman, the man behind Freddie’s in Adelaide Street, will be hosting a special dinner tomorrow (Monday) to fundraise for the plans.
It will include a glass of Prosecco, a choice of starter and main course followed by coffee and petits fours for £29.50 and the full ticket price will be donated to the £7.75m project.
He said: “This is one of the most important and exciting things to happen in the city.
“We must preserve and share our amazing history and I am delighted to be involved in making it happen.”
Guests are welcome at 6.30pm to sit down for the meal at 7pm.
Cllr Annie Brewster, the district council’s portfolio holder for heritage, said “Well done Freddie, we are very grateful for your kind generosity.
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
“What a great way to support the project. I am sure we are going to have a fabulous evening with you.”
To buy tickets call Verulamium Museum on 01727 751810.