Spate of Land Rover thefts in Radlett
- Credit: Archant
Five Land Rovers have been stolen from the same area in just one month.
A number of addresses in Radlett were targeted by the thieves, who stole four Land Rover Range Rovers and one Land Rover Discovery keyless start.
The first two 4x4s were taken between May 9 and 10 from Harris Lane between 8pm and 7am and Juniper Gardens between 8.45pm and 8am.
A further two were stolen between May 16 and 17 from London Road between 9pm and 8am and Mulberry Gardens between 7pm and 6am.
The final vehicle was taken between 10.30pm and 9.40am on May 30 in London Road.
Hertsmere Detective Inspector Matt Phillips said: “These thefts may have been carried out by either cloning the security fob or employing electronic jamming or hacking equipment.
“Whilst we are doing everything we can to track down the people responsible, we also need the public’s help.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 5 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
“Have you seen anyone acting strangely around Land Rovers? Have you been offered a Land Rover for sale? Have you heard anyone bragging about stealing them? Any information, no matter how seemingly insignificant may help.”
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said they are increasing covert and overt patrols in the area to prevent and detect further offences.
If you have any information on these thefts, please contact the police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through a secure online form here.