Spate of burglaries in London Colney - police seeking second male suspect
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested following a string of burglaries in London Colney in the early hours of Sunday (18) morning. Police are still looking to speak with one other person.
The offenders gained access to a house on Azalea Close, where they stole a mobile phone and an Audi car key, but failed to take the car. At another property they stole a laptop and gained access to another vehicle.
Another vehicle was targeted by the offenders, who failed when the alarm sounded. Police were called at around 2.50am and saw two people leaving the area on pushbikes.
DC Paul Cullinan said: “I would appeal to anyone who has any information about these incidents to please contact police.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to remind residents to ensure their homes and vehicles are fully secure.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information which would help identify the second male should call 101 or anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'