Spate of arson attacks in Sandridge
FOUR suspected arson attacks took place within hours of each other in a local village this week. Firefighters from St Albans were called to St Leonards Crescent in Sandridge on Tuesday night at 9.50pm and 11.15pm to put out two separate blazes in a block
FOUR suspected arson attacks took place within hours of each other in a local village this week.
Firefighters from St Albans were called to St Leonards Crescent in Sandridge on Tuesday night at 9.50pm and 11.15pm to put out two separate blazes in a block of unused garages.
Then, as they were on their way back to the station at about midnight, they were called to a moped on fire in nearby St Heliers Road.
At 5.50am the following morning the crew were called to St Leonards Crescent where one of the garages had been set on fire again.
You may also want to watch:
The same block of garages was also targeted by arsonists on June 19.
Police are investigating the incident and are stepping up high-visibility patrols in the area.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Investigating officer PC Jos Barlett urged any witnesses or those with information to call her on 0845 3300222.
In addition, a police surgery will be held in a mobile station in the village from midday until 2.30pm in the village tomorrow (Thursday) during which people can come forward with information.