Southdown Christmas lights event with Santa returns
- Credit: Archant
The big Christmas lights switch-on in Southdown is returning this year.
The annual Lights and Lanterns Extravaganza will welcome the Christmas season to Southdown on Friday, November 29.
The event begins at 5.30pm with a procession starting from Grove School and leading down Grove Road to the Christmas tree. Several local vendors and organisations will have stalls at the event, and there will be an on-site funfair and fire station. Visitors will be treated to carol performances by Grove School pupils and the Miscellany Folk Singers throughout the evening.
Father Christmas will be greeting children in Santa's Grotto, which is free of charge and open from 6pm until 7pm.
The lights will be switched on at 6.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
The evening was organised by Harpenden council and the Southdown Lights Up.
Further details can be found at www.harpenden.gov.uk/christmas
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital