Consultation on new M1 junction and changes to Abbey Line closes soon
PUBLISHED: 10:17 06 September 2018 | UPDATED: 10:17 06 September 2018
The public are being given the chance to have their say on a new M1 junction and changes to one of St Albans’ railway lines.
Herts county council’s South West Herts Growth & Transport Plan is out for consultation until Monday, September 17.
It lists schemes to improve transport in St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Watford, and surrounding areas. These include:
• Creating a new junction 8a for the M1.
• Additional slip roads at junction 6a of the M1 and junction 21a of the M25.
• A bus lane on either side of the A405.
• An extra station along the Abbey Line at Cottonmill with its own park and rail hub.
• A park and rail hub at relocated Park Street station with an extended platform.
• A cycleway following the A405 from Coningsby Bank and Bricket Wood to Garston and Leavesden.
You can view the plans in full and respond to the consultation by visiting www.hertfordshire.gov.uk