Consultation on new M1 junction and changes to Abbey Line closes soon
PUBLISHED: 10:17 06 September 2018 | UPDATED: 10:17 06 September 2018
The public are being given the chance to have their say on a new M1 junction and changes to one of St Albans’ railway lines.
Herts county council’s South West Herts Growth & Transport Plan is out for consultation until Monday, September 17.
It lists schemes to improve transport in St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Watford, and surrounding areas. These include:
• Creating a new junction 8a for the M1.
• Additional slip roads at junction 6a of the M1 and junction 21a of the M25.
• A bus lane on either side of the A405.
• An extra station along the Abbey Line at Cottonmill with its own park and rail hub.
• A park and rail hub at relocated Park Street station with an extended platform.
• A cycleway following the A405 from Coningsby Bank and Bricket Wood to Garston and Leavesden.
You can view the plans in full and respond to the consultation by visiting www.hertfordshire.gov.uk
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.