South Mimms arrests in wake of Harpenden Range Rover theft spate
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested last night in South Mimms in connection with the theft of eight Range Rovers which have been stolen in the Harpenden area in the last two weeks.
The men - aged 32 and 34, and both from Essex - were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to steal motor vehicles.
The 32-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of drugs and having no driving licence. Both men are currently in police custody.
Herts police have issued the following advice to motorists in a bid to help keep their vehicles safe:
- Park a second car in front of your Range Rover
You may also want to watch:
- Park it close to movement activated lights
- Use a crook lock
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- Look at options to either upgrade or install tracker systems
- Keep your keys in a faraday bag even when you are out of the house to avoid your key being cloned