Soul Fish playing fundraising gig at St Albans’ Loreto College
A FUNDRAISING gig is being held in St Albans next month to support a group of young dancers who will be representing the UK at the Dance World Cup Finals.
The 30 dancers, including six from St Albans, are all members of Dance Design Theatre Arts and will be heading to Austria in June for the prestigious competition.
To help with the cost of the trip, popular funk/soul band Soul Fish will be performing at Loreto College, on Hatfield Road, on May 4.
The event has been organised by Soul Fish members Maxine Percy and Sian Ireland, whose children will be among those at the competition.
The family-friendly evening will also include a raffle, featuring some top prizes, and a barbecue is being provided by local company Cook With Us.
You may also want to watch:
Fundraising for the trip has been taking place over the past few months, through various activities such as cake sales. Maxine said: “We have already raised about �4,500 and are hoping to double this.
“We won’t be able to cover the whole cost of sending the kids to the finals, but this will certainly be a massive help.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Tickets are �12 each or �40 for a family of four and the event runs from 7.30pm until midnight.
For tickets and more information contact Maxine on 07966373277 or email email@example.com