Soul Fish playing fundraising gig at St Albans’ Loreto College
A FUNDRAISING gig is being held in St Albans next month to support a group of young dancers who will be representing the UK at the Dance World Cup Finals.
The 30 dancers, including six from St Albans, are all members of Dance Design Theatre Arts and will be heading to Austria in June for the prestigious competition.
To help with the cost of the trip, popular funk/soul band Soul Fish will be performing at Loreto College, on Hatfield Road, on May 4.
The event has been organised by Soul Fish members Maxine Percy and Sian Ireland, whose children will be among those at the competition.
The family-friendly evening will also include a raffle, featuring some top prizes, and a barbecue is being provided by local company Cook With Us.
You may also want to watch:
Fundraising for the trip has been taking place over the past few months, through various activities such as cake sales. Maxine said: “We have already raised about �4,500 and are hoping to double this.
“We won’t be able to cover the whole cost of sending the kids to the finals, but this will certainly be a massive help.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Tickets are �12 each or �40 for a family of four and the event runs from 7.30pm until midnight.
For tickets and more information contact Maxine on 07966373277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org