Songs of Praise host visits St John’s Church in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
BBC Songs of Praise host Pam Rhodes brought the format to a service at a Harpenden church last weekend.
Pam entertained St John’s Church by leading a Songs of Praise service encouraging everyone to sing “truly lustily”.
On her visit, Pam shared inspirational stories about her experience as a television presenter and also interviewed a number of people,
Sarah Poppleton, who is a member of the church and also attended the event said: “Pam sparkled as she led the service.
“She made us laugh but also listen and hear things that we might not otherwise have heard.
You may also want to watch:
“We all came away feeling elated from the sheer joy of singing loudly together”
The special visit followed an Open Day at St John’s Church the previous day, when a few hundred people visited to explore its history and enjoy homeade cakes and a barbecue in the sun.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor