Songs of Praise host visits St John’s Church in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
BBC Songs of Praise host Pam Rhodes brought the format to a service at a Harpenden church last weekend.
Pam entertained St John’s Church by leading a Songs of Praise service encouraging everyone to sing “truly lustily”.
On her visit, Pam shared inspirational stories about her experience as a television presenter and also interviewed a number of people,
Sarah Poppleton, who is a member of the church and also attended the event said: “Pam sparkled as she led the service.
“She made us laugh but also listen and hear things that we might not otherwise have heard.
You may also want to watch:
“We all came away feeling elated from the sheer joy of singing loudly together”
The special visit followed an Open Day at St John’s Church the previous day, when a few hundred people visited to explore its history and enjoy homeade cakes and a barbecue in the sun.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant