Something magical in the air for St Albans’ Grove House Hospice
A MAGICAL night for Grove House was held last Saturday evening and raised more than �5,500 for the day hospice.
During a three course meal in the restaurant of the Noke Thistle Hotel in Chiswell Green, over 70 guests were entertained by Magic Circle member Nicholas Einhorn, a “Gold Star” member of The Inner Magic Circle with over 15 years of performing experience.
Nicholas, who has twice been voted The Magic Circle Close-up Magician of the Year in 1996 and 2002 and has been honoured with the prestigious title The Magic Circle Centenary Close-up Magician certainly lived up to his reputation.
The audience looked on in awe as the magician worked his magic, making bottles disappear through tables and performing a number of brilliant tricks involving cards, numbers and ‘guessing’ whole lines in books he had never seen.
The evening finished with a raffle and auction with prizes including a helicopter ride courtesy of Kane Haulage and tickets from Saracens for their Boxing Day match against the London Wasps. The evening’s top bid of �2,000 went on a holiday in Menorca donated by the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire, Gerald Corbett.
You may also want to watch:
One of the guests commented: “The evening was hugely enjoyable, the food was excellent and the magician was amazing.
“It is a pleasure to be able to support Grove House in this way.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Event organiser Sinead Grimes said: “This is the first time we have run this event and we are delighted that it has been so successful.
“We have raised in the region of �5,500 for the hospice. We would like to thank all the local businesses who have supported us and donated prizes for the event and everyone who contributed to the success of the evening.”
For information on future Grove House events visit the website www.grove-house.org.uk or phone the Events Hotline 01727 731002.