Something magical in the air for St Albans’ Grove House Hospice
A MAGICAL night for Grove House was held last Saturday evening and raised more than �5,500 for the day hospice.
During a three course meal in the restaurant of the Noke Thistle Hotel in Chiswell Green, over 70 guests were entertained by Magic Circle member Nicholas Einhorn, a “Gold Star” member of The Inner Magic Circle with over 15 years of performing experience.
Nicholas, who has twice been voted The Magic Circle Close-up Magician of the Year in 1996 and 2002 and has been honoured with the prestigious title The Magic Circle Centenary Close-up Magician certainly lived up to his reputation.
The audience looked on in awe as the magician worked his magic, making bottles disappear through tables and performing a number of brilliant tricks involving cards, numbers and ‘guessing’ whole lines in books he had never seen.
The evening finished with a raffle and auction with prizes including a helicopter ride courtesy of Kane Haulage and tickets from Saracens for their Boxing Day match against the London Wasps. The evening’s top bid of �2,000 went on a holiday in Menorca donated by the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire, Gerald Corbett.
One of the guests commented: “The evening was hugely enjoyable, the food was excellent and the magician was amazing.
“It is a pleasure to be able to support Grove House in this way.”
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
- 6 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 7 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 10 Who was the witch of St Albans?
Event organiser Sinead Grimes said: “This is the first time we have run this event and we are delighted that it has been so successful.
“We have raised in the region of �5,500 for the hospice. We would like to thank all the local businesses who have supported us and donated prizes for the event and everyone who contributed to the success of the evening.”
For information on future Grove House events visit the website www.grove-house.org.uk or phone the Events Hotline 01727 731002.