Something magical in the air for St Albans’ Grove House Hospice
A MAGICAL night for Grove House was held last Saturday evening and raised more than �5,500 for the day hospice.
During a three course meal in the restaurant of the Noke Thistle Hotel in Chiswell Green, over 70 guests were entertained by Magic Circle member Nicholas Einhorn, a “Gold Star” member of The Inner Magic Circle with over 15 years of performing experience.
Nicholas, who has twice been voted The Magic Circle Close-up Magician of the Year in 1996 and 2002 and has been honoured with the prestigious title The Magic Circle Centenary Close-up Magician certainly lived up to his reputation.
The audience looked on in awe as the magician worked his magic, making bottles disappear through tables and performing a number of brilliant tricks involving cards, numbers and ‘guessing’ whole lines in books he had never seen.
The evening finished with a raffle and auction with prizes including a helicopter ride courtesy of Kane Haulage and tickets from Saracens for their Boxing Day match against the London Wasps. The evening’s top bid of �2,000 went on a holiday in Menorca donated by the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire, Gerald Corbett.
You may also want to watch:
One of the guests commented: “The evening was hugely enjoyable, the food was excellent and the magician was amazing.
“It is a pleasure to be able to support Grove House in this way.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Event organiser Sinead Grimes said: “This is the first time we have run this event and we are delighted that it has been so successful.
“We have raised in the region of �5,500 for the hospice. We would like to thank all the local businesses who have supported us and donated prizes for the event and everyone who contributed to the success of the evening.”
For information on future Grove House events visit the website www.grove-house.org.uk or phone the Events Hotline 01727 731002.