Some St Albans schools closed due to snow
SEVERAL schools in the St Albans area have been affected by the snow, with some closed as a result.
Aboyne Lodge School has no heating, the boilers are not working and it is too cold to work in. Parent consultations have been postponed this evening.
Bernards Heath School has warned pupils not to go onto the playground and bring in spare shoes.
Camp Primary School and Nursery will be open from 10am today to allow time for staff and pupils to travel in safely.
Margaret Wix School has warned that although paths are clear there is no access via Woolam Crescent.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholas Breakspear School is closed today because of transport issues and the need to prepare the site.
Townsend C of E School is closed because the site is not safe, and there are also issues with local roads.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 10 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
Windermere JMI is closed due to a lack of heating.