Some St Albans schools closed due to snow
SEVERAL schools in the St Albans area have been affected by the snow, with some closed as a result.
Aboyne Lodge School has no heating, the boilers are not working and it is too cold to work in. Parent consultations have been postponed this evening.
Bernards Heath School has warned pupils not to go onto the playground and bring in spare shoes.
Camp Primary School and Nursery will be open from 10am today to allow time for staff and pupils to travel in safely.
Margaret Wix School has warned that although paths are clear there is no access via Woolam Crescent.
Nicholas Breakspear School is closed today because of transport issues and the need to prepare the site.
Townsend C of E School is closed because the site is not safe, and there are also issues with local roads.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
Windermere JMI is closed due to a lack of heating.