Some St Albans schools closed due to snow
SEVERAL schools in the St Albans area have been affected by the snow, with some closed as a result.
Aboyne Lodge School has no heating, the boilers are not working and it is too cold to work in. Parent consultations have been postponed this evening.
Bernards Heath School has warned pupils not to go onto the playground and bring in spare shoes.
Camp Primary School and Nursery will be open from 10am today to allow time for staff and pupils to travel in safely.
Margaret Wix School has warned that although paths are clear there is no access via Woolam Crescent.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholas Breakspear School is closed today because of transport issues and the need to prepare the site.
Townsend C of E School is closed because the site is not safe, and there are also issues with local roads.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Windermere JMI is closed due to a lack of heating.