Solicitors raise more than £2,000 for St Albans charity
- Credit: Archant
Solicitors have raised more than £2,000 for a St Albans youth mental health charity.
Debenhams Ottaway has organised a range of activities over the past year in aid of Youth Talk, including a Christmas Jumper Day, a Health and Wellbeing Week, and raffles.
Youth Talk provide a confidential counselling service to young people between 13 to 25 who live, work or receive education in St Albans and the surrounding district.
Chief executive of the charity, David Barker, said: "Sadly, increasing numbers of young people need support and rely on charities such as Youth Talk. With the fabulous support from the team at Debenhams Ottaway we are able to continue to provide a safe space for young people and support them with their mental health and emotional wellbeing."
Managing partner of Debenhams Ottaway, Susan Glenholme, said mental health and wellbeing "needs to be promoted, talked about, and thought about in all workplaces".
You may also want to watch:
Other local businesses interested in finding out more can contact David on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre