Solicitors raise more than £2,000 for St Albans charity
- Credit: Archant
Solicitors have raised more than £2,000 for a St Albans youth mental health charity.
Debenhams Ottaway has organised a range of activities over the past year in aid of Youth Talk, including a Christmas Jumper Day, a Health and Wellbeing Week, and raffles.
Youth Talk provide a confidential counselling service to young people between 13 to 25 who live, work or receive education in St Albans and the surrounding district.
Chief executive of the charity, David Barker, said: "Sadly, increasing numbers of young people need support and rely on charities such as Youth Talk. With the fabulous support from the team at Debenhams Ottaway we are able to continue to provide a safe space for young people and support them with their mental health and emotional wellbeing."
Managing partner of Debenhams Ottaway, Susan Glenholme, said mental health and wellbeing "needs to be promoted, talked about, and thought about in all workplaces".
You may also want to watch:
Other local businesses interested in finding out more can contact David on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently