Can you find all the soldiers on the St Albans Nutcracker Trail?
- Credit: Archant
Giant soldiers have taken to the streets of St Albans for the city’s first Christmas Nutcracker Trail.
Fifteen nutcracker soldiers and their king, which have been individually named by the public, are dotted in different locations around the city centre.
As part of the trail, which has been organised by St Albans Business Improvement District (BID), visitors are invited to find at least ten and list their names in the trail leaflet. The nutcracker seekers can use the trail leaflet map to help with their search.
Once they have been found, simply return the leaflet to the Nutcracker Trail postbox at the St Albans Christmas Market in the Vintry Garden for the chance to win the star prize of an iPad mini.
St Albans BID manager Helen Burridge said: “By wandering around the beautiful historical streets visitors will find out hidden corners of the City for themselves. The trail is a great way to keep family and friends entertained over the festive period too.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a great atmosphere in this City all year round but especially at Christmas time and the Nutcracker Soldiers are sure to add to the magic.
“We are looking forward to welcoming people of all ages to have a go and enjoy everything St Albans has to offer. Don’t forget to share your photos when you find a Nutcracker and tweet to @StAlbans_BID using the hashtag #StAlbansNutcrackerTrail”
The trail leaflets are available from the council offices, the library, theatres and shops, and can be downloaded at http://www.stalbansbid.com/news-events/nutcracker/. Entries must be posted in the Nutcracker Trail postbox by January 4, 2018, and the winner will be announced on January 15.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?