Soccer Aid star keeps it up in St Albans
A 28-year-old who is using his head, body and feet to raise money for charity has visited St Albans on his mammoth 186-mile trek from Wembley to footy-mad Manchester.
Dan Magness embarked on the 10-day keepy-uppy challenge, which will see him walk for up to 11 hours a day, to raise money for UNICEF in a new world record attempt for Soccer Aid 2012.
He started his journey at Wembley Stadium on Tuesday, May 1, and will walk an estimated 400,000 steps while keeping the ball off the ground using his head, body and feet.
Dan was in St Albans on Wednesday, May 2, before walking on to Milton Keynes, Daventry, Coventry, Birmingham, Stoke-on-Trent and Macclesfield, ending his attempt in Manchester on May 11.
Keep it up for Soccer Aid was launched by Robbie Williams in 2010, and Dan’s record-breaking attempt is just one of hundreds of challenges throughout the country over the next six weeks.
You may also want to watch:
UNICEF delivers health care, nutrition, education and protection to children in urgent need and relies on voluntary donations.
Dan admitted it is the “craziest” challenge he has ever undertaken.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
He added: “I can’t actually get my head around the fact that I am about to try and get from London to Manchester while keeping up a ball, but I’m hoping that my challenge raises loads of money for UNICEF’s vital work saving children’s lives.
“The trick for me will be to relax, focus on the ball and enjoy it.”
Soccer Aid 2012 will be on ITV 1 on Sunday, May s27, hosted by Dermot O’Leary.