Snow White to start Grove House Jingle Bell Jog
STARS of the Alban Arena pantomime Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs are to act as official starters for the Jingle Bell Jog and Reindeer Run taking place next month at Waterend Barn in St Albans.
The festive sponsored runs on Sunday, December 11, are being held to raise money for Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care.
The action will start at 11am when younger runners will line up wearing their reindeer ears for the 1.5km Reindeer Run.
Following close behind will be the 5km Jingle Bell Jog which will bring a large splash of colour to the city as runners don their red Santa suits in preparation for the start at 11.30am.
Both routes take in the streets of St Albans and to make sure that both Santas and reindeer are in peak condition before they set off there will be warm-ups before each run.
The Jingle Bell Jog is open to runners with a minimum age of 10 and entry costs �15 including a Santa suit and a medal. The Reindeer Run is open to all ages and entry costs �7.50 including reindeer ears and a medal.
Events fundraiser Joanne Neale said: “There is always such a wonderful family atmosphere at the Jingle Bell Jog and Reindeer Run and we’re really grateful to the panto stars for offering their support.
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 5 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 6 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 7 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Refunds still due for cancelled Herts Fest event
- 9 13-year-old missing from Hemel Hempstead
- 10 St Albans Scout leaders heading to Korean Jamboree
“It’s lovely to see so many people gathering together in the run up to Christmas to help raise money to support local patients and their families who are all facing up to the difficulties of life-limiting illness, and it’s especially fitting that we should be thinking about them during the festive season which is always an important time for families.”
Registration for the Jingle Bell Jog and Reindeer Run is now all available online at www.grove-house.org.uk/jinglebelljog If you are not able to register online, please call the Jingle Bell Jog hotline on 01442 820717, where someone will be able to help.