Smoke scare at St Albans gym
Firefighters were called to a St Albans Nuffield Health gym yesterday lunchtime (August 23) after reports of smoke in the ladies changing room.
Surprised members had to be evacuated from the fitness centre on Highfield Park Drive.
The smoke is believed to have started in the sauna room from a build up of dust and lint in the bottom of a heater.
Lava bricks in the sauna are also thought to have been smouldering however they didn’t catch fire.
St Albans fire service used a thermal imaging camera to see what the issue was and a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke from the room.
You may also want to watch:
The smoke was successfully cleared just before 2pm.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden