Smoke alarm saves St Albans couple

PUBLISHED: 06:21 15 December 2013

Archant

A couple’s lives were saved by a smoke alarm after a fire broke out in their living room on Sunday morning.

Firefighters were called to the rented accommodation in Hobart Walk, St Albans, at around 10am after an electrical fault caused the blaze. The residents were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and fire crews remained at the property until just before 4pm.

For further information on smoke detectors or to speak to a Fire Safety Officer, call 0300 1234 046.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser