St Albans tech start-up wins award for city map app
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans technology start-up which produces tourism apps for cities has been recognised by UK’s innovation agency.
Smart World Connect, producers of the Smart City App, has been named start-up of the year by Innovate UK.
The app shows users information on car parks, charging stations for electric cars, and where there is traffic in cities in India, Spain and elsewhere.
The company’s CEO Tony Bicknell said: “We are delighted to have won the Innovate UK start-up of the year award.
“I would like to think it is because we are helping to solve real issues for cities around the world who are struggling to get long term commitment for the Smart City initiatives that lead to sustainability and using smart technology to engage the community.
You may also want to watch:
“A prestigious award like this reinforces our belief that we are trying to do the right thing and that our app can be a great way to help solve real city issues.”
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters