St Albans tech start-up wins award for city map app
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans technology start-up which produces tourism apps for cities has been recognised by UK’s innovation agency.
Smart World Connect, producers of the Smart City App, has been named start-up of the year by Innovate UK.
The app shows users information on car parks, charging stations for electric cars, and where there is traffic in cities in India, Spain and elsewhere.
The company’s CEO Tony Bicknell said: “We are delighted to have won the Innovate UK start-up of the year award.
“I would like to think it is because we are helping to solve real issues for cities around the world who are struggling to get long term commitment for the Smart City initiatives that lead to sustainability and using smart technology to engage the community.
“A prestigious award like this reinforces our belief that we are trying to do the right thing and that our app can be a great way to help solve real city issues.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead