St Albans tech start-up wins award for city map app
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans technology start-up which produces tourism apps for cities has been recognised by UK’s innovation agency.
Smart World Connect, producers of the Smart City App, has been named start-up of the year by Innovate UK.
The app shows users information on car parks, charging stations for electric cars, and where there is traffic in cities in India, Spain and elsewhere.
The company’s CEO Tony Bicknell said: “We are delighted to have won the Innovate UK start-up of the year award.
“I would like to think it is because we are helping to solve real issues for cities around the world who are struggling to get long term commitment for the Smart City initiatives that lead to sustainability and using smart technology to engage the community.
You may also want to watch:
“A prestigious award like this reinforces our belief that we are trying to do the right thing and that our app can be a great way to help solve real city issues.”
- 1 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 2 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge