Heritage society to house exhibition at Smallford station
- Credit: Archant
An information evening is being held at Oaklands College to discuss improving the environment around Smallford Station.
Smallford Station & Alban Way Heritage Society want to house a permanent exhibition in a renovated goods van, which would be situated close to the station.
The exhibition would illustrate the history of the Hatfield and St Albans branch of the Great Northern Railway - now the Alban Way, as well as showcasing some of the many artefacts the group has collected.
To get involved or find out more, members of the public can attend the information evening at Oaklands College's Smallford campus on Friday, October 18 from 7.30pm to 9pm.
Light refreshments will be provided.
You may also want to watch:
The heritage society is a small group of enthusiasts who have been researching the history of the station and its impact on local communities for the past seven years.
To state your interest in the meeting, or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire