Heritage society to house exhibition at Smallford station
- Credit: Archant
An information evening is being held at Oaklands College to discuss improving the environment around Smallford Station.
Smallford Station & Alban Way Heritage Society want to house a permanent exhibition in a renovated goods van, which would be situated close to the station.
The exhibition would illustrate the history of the Hatfield and St Albans branch of the Great Northern Railway - now the Alban Way, as well as showcasing some of the many artefacts the group has collected.
To get involved or find out more, members of the public can attend the information evening at Oaklands College's Smallford campus on Friday, October 18 from 7.30pm to 9pm.
Light refreshments will be provided.
You may also want to watch:
The heritage society is a small group of enthusiasts who have been researching the history of the station and its impact on local communities for the past seven years.
To state your interest in the meeting, or for more information, email email@example.com
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 8 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 9 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts