Small Business Saturday comes to St Albans district
- Credit: Archant
Support your local independents as part of Small Business Saturday this weekend.
This national initiative aims to promote retailers with annual revenues of under £10m, and is being backed by companies across the district.
Wheathampstead businesses are giving away around £2,000 in prizes as part of their contribution to Small Business Saturday.
There will be many one-day-only offers to tempt shoppers to shop locally and if they buy something or consult one of the businesses taking part they will receive a free prize draw entry to win one of many fabulous prizes on offer.
No. 10 The High Street has been given over for the day to those businesses that don’t have a shop on the High Street.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being organised by WEB, the Wheathampstead Business Group and supported by a Locality Budget Grant.
Meanwhile in St Albans The Dressing Room boutique is offering double loyalty points in store and online, free Prosecco, a prize draw for a Dressing Room goody bag, and a social media competition to win a £25 store voucher.
That Design Store in Market Place will offer a 10 per cent discount to all Herts Ad readers on Saturday, and Ruby and Freddies baby gifts and clothing will give 20 per cent off your total bill on their website with the code HertsAd20.
Chloe James in the High Street is offering double loyalty points, The Carpet Store in Hatfield Road has 20 per cent discount across the board, and photographer Stephanie Belton is offering a 10 per cent discount on her courses for next February.
Cookery school The Cobbled Kitchen will offer 10 per cent discount on all gift voucher orders placed on Saturday, online baby clothing company Tommy & Lottie is offering 20 per cent off their baby gift bundles, Park Beauty in Luton lane, Redbourn is joining forces with eight other small businesses to host a Christmas Shopping Day, Heartwood Candle Company will have various special offers at their St Albans Christmas Market stall, and www.feelingoutdoorsy.com is launching a competition to win one of their luxury blankets, woven in Scotland, worth £120.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high