Slimmers bare all to look good naked on TV
THESE magnificent seven slimmers dared to bare all to show real women don t have to be skinny to look good naked. And on Tuesday they feature on the Channel 4 show How To Look Good Naked! in all their glory with TV presenter Gok Wan. Slimming World con
THESE magnificent seven slimmers dared to bare all to show "real" women don't have to be skinny to look good naked.
And on Tuesday they feature on the Channel 4 show How To Look Good Naked! in all their glory with TV presenter Gok Wan.
Slimming World consultant Liz Kay, aged 52, of Shirley Road, St Albans, got involved when one of her members Andie Hill wrote in to the programme.
Liz said: "The TV people asked how many of our members would be willing to strip off for the programme. They asked for a range of sizes and they sure got them. We had ladies whose ages ranged from 20 to 52 and from size 12 to size 24."
You may also want to watch:
Some of the women had lost one stone, another four stone and Andie's mum, Maggie Hill from Cottonmill Lane, St Albans, a bumper six stone.
Liz herself used to be 20 stone but is now down to 14 stone though freely admits she has a bit more to lose. But she said: "The whole point is we can still look good naked even though we may still not be down to our target weights. It was a great confidence booster although deeply scary to have our naked bodies flashed up on to massive screens at the Bluewater Shopping Centre in Kent."
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
It might be even more scary to sit down next Tuesday night to see themselves broadcast to the nation in the buff.
Liz said: "My husband Andrew thinks it's a bit of fun and shows women how they really are. He loves my wobbly bits and thinks I look lovely anyway. My son Andrew thinks I was brave to do it but has asked me not to tell his mates when it's on!"
The other brave women who take part are two other Slimming World consultants Joanna Ford, aged 31, from Gurney Court Road, St Albans, and Julia Hanson who lives in Redbourn, Lorna Nash and Donna Tyrell.
How to Look Good Naked! is on at 8pm.