Slideshow: Tangerines beaten by Sevenoaks
EHL Women s Conference East St Albans 0 Sevenoaks 2 TWO second half goals condemned St Albans to a second successive home defeat in the EHL Women s Conference East on Saturday. St Albans started the match brightly and pushed their energetic visitors back
EHL Women's Conference East
St Albans 0 Sevenoaks 2
TWO second half goals condemned St Albans to a second successive home defeat in the EHL Women's Conference East on Saturday.
St Albans started the match brightly and pushed their energetic visitors back with some composed possession hockey.
You may also want to watch:
Gradually Sevenoaks began to find their running game and St Albans goalkeeper Mel Insall was forced to make four impressive saves, including an outstanding stop from a one-on-one.
Donna Pringle almost set up the crucial opener when she surged into the final third but could not find the pass or shoot required and Sevenoaks held out.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
In the second half Sevenoaks took control when Caroline Crawford opened the scoring on 43 minutes from open play and Anna Graham then added a second to seal the points.
St Albans travel away to Southgate Ladies on Saturday and will hope to earn only their second win of the campaign.