Slideshow: St Albans and District Model Engineering Society Exhibition 2009
A MODEL engineering club in St Albans which has been running for 65 years attracted a crowd of over a thousand at its annual exhibition. The St Albans and District Model Engineering Society filled three halls at Francis Bacon School with its impressive co
A MODEL engineering club in St Albans which has been running for 65 years attracted a crowd of over a thousand at its annual exhibition.
The St Albans and District Model Engineering Society filled three halls at Francis Bacon School with its impressive collection of model yachts, boats and trains.
As well as enjoying the displays, visitors also had the opportunity to have a go on radio controlled boats and submarines on the indoor boating lakes, as well as mini steam locomotive rides.
Chairman Michael Dyer said that a lot of work went into the exhibition: "We're all getting on a bit so it was very hard work but worth it in the end. Everyone seemed to enjoy the attractions and it was good to see so many children come along because we're trying to encourage young people to get involved in model engineering."
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit www.stalbansmes.co.uk
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets