Slideshow: St Albans and District Model Engineering Society Exhibition 2009
A MODEL engineering club in St Albans which has been running for 65 years attracted a crowd of over a thousand at its annual exhibition. The St Albans and District Model Engineering Society filled three halls at Francis Bacon School with its impressive co
A MODEL engineering club in St Albans which has been running for 65 years attracted a crowd of over a thousand at its annual exhibition.
The St Albans and District Model Engineering Society filled three halls at Francis Bacon School with its impressive collection of model yachts, boats and trains.
As well as enjoying the displays, visitors also had the opportunity to have a go on radio controlled boats and submarines on the indoor boating lakes, as well as mini steam locomotive rides.
Chairman Michael Dyer said that a lot of work went into the exhibition: "We're all getting on a bit so it was very hard work but worth it in the end. Everyone seemed to enjoy the attractions and it was good to see so many children come along because we're trying to encourage young people to get involved in model engineering."
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit www.stalbansmes.co.uk
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'