Slideshow: St Albans and District Model Engineering Society Exhibition 2009
A MODEL engineering club in St Albans which has been running for 65 years attracted a crowd of over a thousand at its annual exhibition. The St Albans and District Model Engineering Society filled three halls at Francis Bacon School with its impressive co
A MODEL engineering club in St Albans which has been running for 65 years attracted a crowd of over a thousand at its annual exhibition.
The St Albans and District Model Engineering Society filled three halls at Francis Bacon School with its impressive collection of model yachts, boats and trains.
As well as enjoying the displays, visitors also had the opportunity to have a go on radio controlled boats and submarines on the indoor boating lakes, as well as mini steam locomotive rides.
Chairman Michael Dyer said that a lot of work went into the exhibition: "We're all getting on a bit so it was very hard work but worth it in the end. Everyone seemed to enjoy the attractions and it was good to see so many children come along because we're trying to encourage young people to get involved in model engineering."
To find out more visit www.stalbansmes.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic