Slideshow & Gallery: Children enjoy surprise Snow Day
CHILDREN across the district have been enjoying a surprise day off school today. Most schools were closed today (Monday) as heavy overnight snow affected the district. Instead of a day in the classroom, pupils have been playing in the deep snow. The tob
CHILDREN across the district have been enjoying a surprise day off school today.
Most schools were closed today (Monday) as heavy overnight snow affected the district.
Instead of a day in the classroom, pupils have been playing in the deep snow.
The toboggans have been dragged down to the local parks as the children take advantage of the biggest snowfall to hit the area for many years.
You may also want to watch:
But police have sent out a strong warning this lunchtime about acting irresponsibly in the snow. Of particular concern are snowballs being thrown at passing cars.
There have been a series of incidents across the county involving anti-social behaviour in the current weather conditions.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Chief inspector Nigel Brown, who is co-ordinating the emergency response, said: "Anyone who is causing anti-social behaviour or who is acting irresponsible in these current conditions could be subjected to criminal charges."
He added: "For example, throwing snowballs at vehicles could impair a driver's view and cause a collision. We understand people want to have fun in the snow but would ask the public to think about the consequences of their actions. What may seem like high jinks at the time could have a detrimental effect on the safety of others, and you could be arrested."
Do you have any pictures of the snow? If so, email them to us at email@example.com