Sky Sports presenter to launch Herts 10K
SKY Sports football reporter Geoff Shreeves will be kicking off the Herts 10K next month - and running it as well.
Geoff, who lives in St Albans and is pictured right, has agreed to set off the runners for the annual event which is being held at 10am on Sunday, October 10, at Rothamsted in Harpenden to raise money for Grove House.
He initially joined Sky as a freelance in 1992 and went on to produce The Footballers Show which had over 500 guests during its run including the late Bobby Moore, captain of the 1966 World Cup winning team.
When Sky signed a deal with the Premier League, Geoff became an on-site producer for all live football coverage before, in 1999, making the move to reporter alongside Claire Tomlinson.
He has developed many relationships through football which have resulted in the likes of George Graham, Alan Shearer and Steve Bruce being invited on to live football broadcasts.
You may also want to watch:
Among his celebrity scoops for Sky has been an interview with Arsenal fan Kevin Costner before the 1998 FA Cup final and interviews with Robbie Williams, Mike Tyson, Rod Stewart and the Spice Girls.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school