Sky Sports presenter Jeff Stelling’s Men United March visits St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Sky Sports presenter Jeff Stelling visited St Albans City FC today on his way to Vicarage Road, as part of his fundraising efforts for Prostate Cancer UK.
He was joined by Sammy the Saint, with the mascot marching proudly beside Jeff to show club support.
Jeff’s Men United March started from his home ground of Hartlepool United FC on Monday March 21 and will finish at Wembley tomorrow.
Today he is walking 44km from Luton Town FC to Watford FC and stopped off at St Albans City FC’s Clarence Park ground for lunch.
He is accompanied by such legendary footballing names as Paul Merson, Tony Cottee, Malky McKay, Peter Taylor and Luther Blissett together with the chief executive of Luton Town, Gary Sweet, and the chairman of Prostate Cancer UK, William Russell.
You may also want to watch:
Sammy the Saint and team supporter Phill Coates are walking with Jeff on his last four legs from Coventry to Wembley and raising money for Prostate Cancer UK at the same time.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 9 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to