Sky Sports presenter Jeff Stelling’s Men United March visits St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Sky Sports presenter Jeff Stelling visited St Albans City FC today on his way to Vicarage Road, as part of his fundraising efforts for Prostate Cancer UK.
He was joined by Sammy the Saint, with the mascot marching proudly beside Jeff to show club support.
Jeff’s Men United March started from his home ground of Hartlepool United FC on Monday March 21 and will finish at Wembley tomorrow.
Today he is walking 44km from Luton Town FC to Watford FC and stopped off at St Albans City FC’s Clarence Park ground for lunch.
He is accompanied by such legendary footballing names as Paul Merson, Tony Cottee, Malky McKay, Peter Taylor and Luther Blissett together with the chief executive of Luton Town, Gary Sweet, and the chairman of Prostate Cancer UK, William Russell.
You may also want to watch:
Sammy the Saint and team supporter Phill Coates are walking with Jeff on his last four legs from Coventry to Wembley and raising money for Prostate Cancer UK at the same time.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?