Sky Soccer presenter’s Men United March makes its way through St Albans next week
- Credit: Archant
Sky Soccer Saturday presenter Jeff Stelling will be stopping off in St Albans next week as part of a marathon walk to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK.
His Men United March started from his home ground of Hartlepool United FC on Monday (21) and will finish at Wembley next Wednesday, March 30.
On Tuesday (29) he will be walking 44km from Luton Town FC to Watford FC and stopping off at St Albans City FC’s Clarence Park ground for lunch.
He will be accompanied by such legendary footballing names as Paul Merson, Tony Cottee, Malky McKay, Peter Taylor and Luther Blissett together with the chief executive of Luton Town, Gary Sweet, and the chairman of Prostate Cancer UK, William Russell.
Sammy the Saint, SACFC mascot, and team supporter Phill Coates are walking with Jeff on his last four legs from Coventry to Wembley and raising money for Prostate Cancer UK at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
Phill and Sammy will be holding a bucket collection at St Albans City’s game against Eastbourne on Saturday before heading up to Coventry.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre