Sky Soccer presenter’s Men United March makes its way through St Albans next week
- Credit: Archant
Sky Soccer Saturday presenter Jeff Stelling will be stopping off in St Albans next week as part of a marathon walk to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK.
His Men United March started from his home ground of Hartlepool United FC on Monday (21) and will finish at Wembley next Wednesday, March 30.
On Tuesday (29) he will be walking 44km from Luton Town FC to Watford FC and stopping off at St Albans City FC’s Clarence Park ground for lunch.
He will be accompanied by such legendary footballing names as Paul Merson, Tony Cottee, Malky McKay, Peter Taylor and Luther Blissett together with the chief executive of Luton Town, Gary Sweet, and the chairman of Prostate Cancer UK, William Russell.
Sammy the Saint, SACFC mascot, and team supporter Phill Coates are walking with Jeff on his last four legs from Coventry to Wembley and raising money for Prostate Cancer UK at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
Phill and Sammy will be holding a bucket collection at St Albans City’s game against Eastbourne on Saturday before heading up to Coventry.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism