Sixteen vehicles seized in police crackdown
POLICE arrested two people and seized 16 vehicles in a crackdown using Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) systems yesterday (Thursday). Over 30 officers carried out the operation at South Mimms Services on the A1M, which formed part of the National
POLICE arrested two people and seized 16 vehicles in a crackdown using Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) systems yesterday (Thursday).
Over 30 officers carried out the operation at South Mimms Services on the A1M, which formed part of the National Rogue Trading week.
Two people were arrested for taking a vehicle without consent and driving whilst disqualified. The vehicles seized were being driven without insurance.
Fixed penalty notices were handed out to 21 drivers for offences including driving without MOT, tax or insurance and using a mobile phone whilst driving.
You may also want to watch:
ANPR manager Inspector Andy Piper: "This operation was an excellent example of how ANPR can help us to specifically target offenders. These operations detect and deter those using the roads to commit crimes like burglary, as well as those putting law-abiding road users at risk by driving with defective vehicles or without insurance."
He added: "We will be increasing our ANPR activity across the county in the coming months, and results like these should send out a clear message that roads in Herts are a no-go area for criminals.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire