Six-vehicle crash closes motorway for hours
TWO men have been injured following a serious motorway accident involving six vehicles this morning (Thursday). The incident happened at around 10.30am along the northbound carriageway of the M10 and it remained closed until 3pm as several cars needed to
TWO men have been injured following a serious motorway accident involving six vehicles this morning (Thursday).
The incident happened at around 10.30am along the northbound carriageway of the M10 and it remained closed until 3pm as several cars needed to be cleared.
Because the air ambulance was sent to the scene, the southbound carriageway was also shut until midday.
A man driving a white Citroën Belingo van from Aylesbury sustained a suspected broken leg in the crash while another man from Henlow driving a white Mercedes Sprinter is thought to be suffering from bruising.
You may also want to watch:
Both were taken to the QE2 Hospital by the ambulance service, who were assisted at the scene by police and firefighters.
Duty ambulance station manager Neil Hudson who co-ordinated the medical response said: "Due to the nature of the incident a fast response doctor and the air ambulance were required to attend the scene. The team of paramedics and technicians worked tremendously hard for over an hour to treat and stabilise the trapped casualties. I would also like to thank the fire service, the police and Doctor Wyldman for their help at this very difficult incident.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans