Six-vehicle collision between London Colney and Park Street
- Credit: Archant
There was a lucky escape for the occupants of six vehicles this morning (Monday), all of whom avoided injury despite being caught up in a huge collision on the A414.
A Herts Police spokesman said that officers were called to the six-vehicle collision near Aylett Nurseries, on the North Orbital Road, towards the London Colney roundabout.
He said: “The collision took place at 6.06am between the Park Street and London Colney roundabouts, and included a caravan. But there were no injuries. Fire and ambulance were called, but weren’t needed in the end.”
Vehicles involved included a black Volkswagen Golf, black Ford Fiesta, black Vauxhall Astra, blue BMW, white Ford transit van and a silver Renault Clio.
The spokesman was not sure which vehicle was towing the caravan.
You may also want to watch:
He said vehicles had been recovered from the scene of the collision, and the road was reopened at 8.10am. However, there are still lengthy traffic queues on the A414 as a result.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden