Six-vehicle collision between London Colney and Park Street
- Credit: Archant
There was a lucky escape for the occupants of six vehicles this morning (Monday), all of whom avoided injury despite being caught up in a huge collision on the A414.
A Herts Police spokesman said that officers were called to the six-vehicle collision near Aylett Nurseries, on the North Orbital Road, towards the London Colney roundabout.
He said: “The collision took place at 6.06am between the Park Street and London Colney roundabouts, and included a caravan. But there were no injuries. Fire and ambulance were called, but weren’t needed in the end.”
Vehicles involved included a black Volkswagen Golf, black Ford Fiesta, black Vauxhall Astra, blue BMW, white Ford transit van and a silver Renault Clio.
The spokesman was not sure which vehicle was towing the caravan.
You may also want to watch:
He said vehicles had been recovered from the scene of the collision, and the road was reopened at 8.10am. However, there are still lengthy traffic queues on the A414 as a result.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common