Six arrested after police operation in St Albans
SIX people were arrested and four cars seized when the police Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) team was out in St Albans last Thursday. The team, which makes use of ANPR technology to identify vehicles, arrested a man from Bradford, two from Lond
SIX people were arrested and four cars seized when the police Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) team was out in St Albans last Thursday.
The team, which makes use of ANPR technology to identify vehicles, arrested a man from Bradford, two from London and one of no fixed abode on suspicion of going equipped when their VW Passat was pulled over on the London Colney bypass.
Fascias for the front of ATM machines used in card-skimming scams were recovered and the quartet have been given police bail pending further inquiries until November 7.
Dennis Boyle, 37, of Britton Avenue in St Albans, was arrested and charged with drink-driving when his white Transit van was pulled over in Cambridge Road. He will appear before magistrates next week.
You may also want to watch:
And a man from London was arrested and charged with having no insurance and will also appear before magistrates this month.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre