Six arrested after police operation in St Albans
SIX people were arrested and four cars seized when the police Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) team was out in St Albans last Thursday. The team, which makes use of ANPR technology to identify vehicles, arrested a man from Bradford, two from Lond
SIX people were arrested and four cars seized when the police Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) team was out in St Albans last Thursday.
The team, which makes use of ANPR technology to identify vehicles, arrested a man from Bradford, two from London and one of no fixed abode on suspicion of going equipped when their VW Passat was pulled over on the London Colney bypass.
Fascias for the front of ATM machines used in card-skimming scams were recovered and the quartet have been given police bail pending further inquiries until November 7.
Dennis Boyle, 37, of Britton Avenue in St Albans, was arrested and charged with drink-driving when his white Transit van was pulled over in Cambridge Road. He will appear before magistrates next week.
You may also want to watch:
And a man from London was arrested and charged with having no insurance and will also appear before magistrates this month.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure