Sir Terry Wogan joins St Albans LitFest line-up
- Credit: Archant
Broadcasting legend Sir Terry Wogan has been confirmed as one of the speakers at St Albans’ first literary festival.
The radio and TV presenter will be appearing at the Old Town Hall at 7.30pm on Thursday, November 6, the opening night of the four-day event which is being presented in conjunction with the Herts Advertiser.
Sir Terry will be talking about his new book The Little Book of Common Sense... Or Pause for Thought with Wogan, which is published that day.
The book covers Sir Terry’s views on such things as:
Life: One day at a time. But look where you’re going. Particularly on a bike...
You may also want to watch:
Talk: Keep it short and to the point. You don’t want people to think you’re a politician. The most popular person at a party is the good listener. Particularly at an Irish party.
Money: Save or spend? Risk is for derivative and hedge-fund wonks. And it’s not their money, anyway. Hold on to your hard-earned ha’pennies – your children are going to need them.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
This little work is designed to bring you back, again and again, to refresh your view and attitude to life, living and everything in between. You will find no easy answers to your dilemmas here, rather an alternative view of how to approach them. Or to be honest, just Sir Terry’s view. You never know, you might even agree with him...
The format of the evening will be a 45 minute talk by Sir Terry, followed by a question and answer session and a signing. It will be hosted by LitFest volunteers manager and Radio Verulam Drivetime DJ Danny Smith.
Danny said: “I’m thrilled and honoured to be involved with bringing Terry Wogan to the first St Albans Literary Festival. He is one of my biggest broadcasting heroes and I look forward to hearing him speak with the wit and whimsy he is famous for.”
The St Albans Literary Festival is a not-for-profit event run entirely by volunteers.
The festival is a celebration of literature in all its forms, from children’s fiction and blogging to journalism and self-help books, and more exciting guests will be announced in the weeks to come.
Tickets to see Sir Terry Wogan cost £12.50 each and are available from www.stalbansliteraryfestival.co.uk or from the 24 hour booking hotline on 0800 411 8881.