Sinead’s passion for Grove House fundraising
SINEAD Grimes is passionate about her job as events fundraiser at Grove House, part of Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care.
She is always amazed by the enthusiasm and energy of the many people she meets who support Grove House in so many different ways, in particular those who put in so much time and energy to train for sporting challenges such as running marathons, cycling long distances and competing in such events as the Double Ironman Challenge.
Having only run for buses since her school days, Sinead was looking for her own challenge to raise funds for Grove House and alighted on one she believes is right up her street. On Sunday, September 25, Sinead is going to compete in the Run to the Beat Half Marathon, the route of which starts and finishes at the O2 Arena in Docklands.
Said Sinead: “My brother, who is in the Royal Marines, has promised to give me some training tips but I feel so ill equipped to compete in the Run that I have called my sponsorship website ‘13 miles of pure pain’! I am sure I can rely on my brother Danny to really put me through my paces, so with any luck on the day I will be running to the beat of the 11 bands that will be playing all kinds of music on the route of the Half Marathon.
“The musical aspect of the run is quite unique and will greatly encourage anyone, like me, who may be running out of steam and struggling a bit on their way round the course to keep going.”
You may also want to watch:
Sinead’s fundraising has already kicked off with a �160 donation from her close family and friends. She has set herself a target of �500 and hopes to exceed that amount to raise much needed funds for Grove House. If you would like to sponsor Sinead in her efforts, please go to www.justgiving.com/13milesofpurepain
n Three places are still available in Run for the Beat. Entry is �80 and details can be obtained from Emma Taylor at Grove House on 01727 731022.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years