Simon warms up for cold trek
INTREPID snow walker Simon Wrenn is about to take part in one of the world s most gruelling races – and there is still time to sponsor him. Simon, aged 31, who lives in St Albans, is running the North Pole Marathon next Wednesday, March 26, to raise mon
INTREPID snow walker Simon Wrenn is about to take part in one of the world's most gruelling races - and there is still time to sponsor him.
Simon, aged 31, who lives in St Albans, is "running" the North Pole Marathon next Wednesday, March 26, to raise money for Grove House.
A veteran of the Flora London Marathon who has successfully completed several triathlons, he wanted to do something out of the ordinary.
First established in 2002, the North Pole event is a 26.2 mile trek across sheet ice which is six to 12-feet deep on the surface of the 12.000-feet-deep Arctic Ocean on top of the world. Only 110 people have ever successfully completed the course and Simon is aiming to boost that number.
You may also want to watch:
He has set himself a fundraising target of £1,500 and every single penny will go to the charity as Simon has met the substantial costs of the trip himself.
He has nearly reached his target with just £165 to go and he can be sponsored by going to www.justgiving.com/polarmarathon or phone Grove House on 01727 731002.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school