Signed Sir Tom Jones tour jacket among items listed for Chocolate Auction tonight
- Credit: Archant
It’s Not Unusual for fans to throw their underwear at Sir Tom Jones - but it is unusual for the veteran performer to strip off in support of local hospices.
And that is exactly what Sir Tom has done by donating his 2014 signed tour jacket to be auctioned off as part of the online auction for this year’s Charity Chocolate Ball.
The ball itself is taking place on Friday, November 14, at the Noke Hotel in St Albans and the online auction is open to all.
Sir Tom’s signed jacket from his 2014 tour will be among a range of auction lots available for anyone to bid on when the auction goes live tomorrow (30).
The ball and auction are being organised by a local family who own and run The Chocolate Wrapper – a business providing personalised chocolate bars.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser and local businessman, Peter Barker, said: “We introduced the charity on-line auction as part of The Chocolate Ball as we were really keen to open up this fundraising event to anyone who wants to help support the hospices but can’t attend on the night.
“The auction has some fabulous lots that anyone can bid on and we were delighted when Sir Tom Jones agreed to support us this year with his donation.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 7 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
The Chocolate Ball and the on-line auction are to raise funds for Rennie Grove Hospice Care and The Hospice of St Francis.
The auction lots can be seen at www.thechocolateball.org/auction and tickets for The Chocolate Ball can be purchased at www.thechocolateball.org