Signed Sir Tom Jones tour jacket among items listed for Chocolate Auction tonight
- Credit: Archant
It’s Not Unusual for fans to throw their underwear at Sir Tom Jones - but it is unusual for the veteran performer to strip off in support of local hospices.
And that is exactly what Sir Tom has done by donating his 2014 signed tour jacket to be auctioned off as part of the online auction for this year’s Charity Chocolate Ball.
The ball itself is taking place on Friday, November 14, at the Noke Hotel in St Albans and the online auction is open to all.
Sir Tom’s signed jacket from his 2014 tour will be among a range of auction lots available for anyone to bid on when the auction goes live tomorrow (30).
The ball and auction are being organised by a local family who own and run The Chocolate Wrapper – a business providing personalised chocolate bars.
Event organiser and local businessman, Peter Barker, said: “We introduced the charity on-line auction as part of The Chocolate Ball as we were really keen to open up this fundraising event to anyone who wants to help support the hospices but can’t attend on the night.
“The auction has some fabulous lots that anyone can bid on and we were delighted when Sir Tom Jones agreed to support us this year with his donation.”
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
The Chocolate Ball and the on-line auction are to raise funds for Rennie Grove Hospice Care and The Hospice of St Francis.
The auction lots can be seen at www.thechocolateball.org/auction and tickets for The Chocolate Ball can be purchased at www.thechocolateball.org