Signed Paula Radcliffe tshirt up for grabs at Redbourn Fun Run
- Credit: Archant
Athletes at a village fun run will be in the running to snap up a signed t-shirt from former Olympian and woman’s marathon world record holder Paula Radcliffe.
Keen runner Ruth Upjohn, one of the organisers of the Redbourn Fun Run taking place tomorrow (Sunday, June 7), managed to have the shirt signed by her all-time running idol Paula Radcliffe MBE, at the end of the London Marathon.
The event, starting at the Redbourn Recreation Centre at 10am, with a 1km race at 10am and a 5km run at 11am, will see all proceeds go towards the rehabilitation of former Redbourn Junior School pupil, Molly Goodchild, who was involved in a car accident last December.
More than 250 people have signed up for the run.
The day will be full of family-friendly activities, including a craft stall run by Redbourn House nursery, pre-school football and rugby sessions from Little Kickers and Little Rugby and a warm up, tug-of-war and exercise programme from Oli Spicer Fitness.
You may also want to watch:
Redbourn Golf Club will also be offering a golf taster for older children and Topsy Tumbler Mobile Soft Play will be setting up a soft play area, with a drop-in movement and dance workshop.
There will also be bouncy castles, fairground rides, face painters and balloon modellers.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
A raffle will also be held, with the signed Paula Radcliffe t-shirt up for grabs as well the more unusual, a private ride in the driver’s cab of a London Underground train, donated by a Redbourn resident.
For more information visit www.redbournfunrun.co.uk.