Sign up now for St Albans Swimathon in aid of Sport Relief
- Credit: Archant
Budding swimmers of the district are being encouraged to get fit and raise money for charity in the world’s biggest swim next month.
Westminster Lodge will be hosting its annual ‘Swimathon’ for Sport Relief between March 18 - 20 alongside 600 other venues nationwide.
Families, friends and individuals can sign up to take on distances ranging from 1.5k to 5k, and can split the lengths among members in whatever way they choose.
Swimathon started in 1986 and in the 30 years since, more than half a million swimmers have taken part and about £40 million has been raised for charity.
Councillor Annie Brewster, St Albans council’s portfolio holder for sport, heritage and leisure, said: “The Swimathon is a marvellous event that promotes two good causes – health and Sport Relief.
You may also want to watch:
“People can have a great time, raise funds for charity and take on an enjoyable physical challenge all at the same time. I am sure there will be a great turn out.”
Teams or individual can sign up to take part in swims between 6pm on Friday, March 18, to 10pm on Sunday, March 20.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book