Sign up now for Harpenden’s Highland Gathering
DON’T stall if you want a stall at this year’s Highland Gathering because there are only a few spaces left.
The annual event which puts the tartan in Harpenden is being held at Rothamsted Park on Sunday, July 11, – the day after the World Cup final.
Organised by Harpenden Lions, it is regarded as the best Highland Gathering in England and features pipe bands, traditional Scottish events, a Scottish dancing competition and arena displays.
This year there will be more stalls than ever before, both charity and trade, and they range from craft items to bric-a-brac and second-hand books. Some spaces are still available.
There are also two new features for 2010 – Scots Corner is for stalls with a Scottish theme including clan societies and the Crafter Marquee for craftsfolk who want more space and comprehensive protected areas than the market stalls.
You may also want to watch:
To book any type of stall call the event helpline on 0845 833 7426 or look on the website www.harplions.com. At the bottom right of the web page are links to information and booking forms.
Over the past few years, the classic cars display at the Highland Gathering has steadily grown and again, this year, there is more room than ever before.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Anyone interested in bringing their classic car along should either register on 0845 833 7426 or email them direct at firstname.lastname@example.org