Sign up for St Albans triathlon and help the world's poorest children
HELPING vulnerable children across central and eastern Europe and Africa will be top of the agenda in the autumn when St Albans hosts a gruelling triathlon. The St. James s Place Foundation Triathlon will raise money for Hope and Homes for Children, a cha
HELPING vulnerable children across central and eastern Europe and Africa will be top of the agenda in the autumn when St Albans hosts a gruelling triathlon.
The St. James's Place Foundation Triathlon will raise money for Hope and Homes for Children, a charity that gives some of the world's poorest orphaned and abandoned children a secure family life.
The triathlon on Sunday, October 4, which will consist of a 400m indoor swim, 20km cycle ride and 5km road run, will take place at Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centre on Highfield Park Drive and is open to anyone over 15 years old.
Lucy Hinchliffe, of Hope and Homes for Children Herts Support Group, said: "People get an enormous sense of achievement from not only taking part in the triathlon but also knowing that they are helping transform the lives of vulnerable children."
You may also want to watch:
Over the last six years, competitors have raised �850,000 and this year it is hoped to break the �1 million mark.
Competitors can enter as individuals or in teams of three or four, although they must all complete all three disciplines.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
Entrants must raise at least �500 each and trophies will be awarded for the top fundraisers, fastest teams and fastest individuals.
Sign up at www.sprinttriathlon.org