Sign up for St Albans Race for Life
- Credit: Aaron Jones on behalf of Cancer
WOMEN are being urged to make a stand against cancer by signing up for this year’s Race for Life.
Registration is now open for the charity event which takes place in Verulamium Park on Sunday, July 28.
The annual race invites women of all ages to run, jog or walk 5km to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Julie Braithwaite, Cancer Research UK’s east events manager, said: “Come on ladies, please play your part by entering Race for Life in St Albans today. Together we can hit cancer where it hurts!
“There are over 200 cancers and we won’t give up until we find cures for them all. It’s fighting talk, and we mean every word we say. Cancer, St Albans is coming to get you.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year 3,247 women took part in Race for Life in St Albans and raised a total of £253,419 for the charity, which was used to fund life-saving research on how to defeat cancer.
This year organisers are hoping 3,300 women and girls will take part and help raise a further £250,000.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Julie added: “We are very grateful to everyone who took part in Race for Life in St Albans last year and in the past. Thanks to them Cancer Research UK has been able to make progress against many forms of the disease.
“But the battle against cancer never stops and for this reason we need everyone to return to the fight in 2013 and bring new recruits with them.”
Registration details can be found at www.raceforlife.org or by calling 0845 600 6050.