Sign up for St Albans Race for Life
- Credit: Aaron Jones on behalf of Cancer
WOMEN are being urged to make a stand against cancer by signing up for this year’s Race for Life.
Registration is now open for the charity event which takes place in Verulamium Park on Sunday, July 28.
The annual race invites women of all ages to run, jog or walk 5km to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Julie Braithwaite, Cancer Research UK’s east events manager, said: “Come on ladies, please play your part by entering Race for Life in St Albans today. Together we can hit cancer where it hurts!
“There are over 200 cancers and we won’t give up until we find cures for them all. It’s fighting talk, and we mean every word we say. Cancer, St Albans is coming to get you.”
Last year 3,247 women took part in Race for Life in St Albans and raised a total of £253,419 for the charity, which was used to fund life-saving research on how to defeat cancer.
This year organisers are hoping 3,300 women and girls will take part and help raise a further £250,000.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
Julie added: “We are very grateful to everyone who took part in Race for Life in St Albans last year and in the past. Thanks to them Cancer Research UK has been able to make progress against many forms of the disease.
“But the battle against cancer never stops and for this reason we need everyone to return to the fight in 2013 and bring new recruits with them.”
Registration details can be found at www.raceforlife.org or by calling 0845 600 6050.