Show me the way to Wheathampstead...
NEW signs pointing the way to Wheathampstead are going up in and around the village. Money has been obtained from the district council s street scene improvement fund to put up a village finger post and five entrance signs into the village. Wheathampstead
NEW signs pointing the way to Wheathampstead are going up in and around the village.
Money has been obtained from the district council's street scene improvement fund to put up a village finger post and five entrance signs into the village.
Wheathampstead parish council vice-chair Annie Brewster and district councillor for the village, Judy Shardlow, joined forces to bid for the money.
Annie then went on to see the project through to completion with one sign already installed by the Wicked Lady pub.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Shardlow said: "Annie has done all the legwork and she has done all the design work and logistics."
She added: "The Wheathampstead entrance signs and the finger post reflect the very special character and heritage of our village and add to the strong sense of community and identity which the village is known for.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
"What we need now is more traffic calming so that people can appreciate the charm of our beautiful village as they drive through.