Shopkeeper attacked during Radlett robbery bid
A SHOPKEEPER was punched in the side of his head in an attempted robbery at a shop in Radlett on Monday (7). It happened at around 10pm at the Village Shop in Battlers Green Drive. Three men, described as being white and aged between 19 and 30, went in an
A SHOPKEEPER was punched in the side of his head in an attempted robbery at a shop in Radlett on Monday (7).
It happened at around 10pm at the Village Shop in Battlers Green Drive. Three men, described as being white and aged between 19 and 30, went in and one punched the shopkeeper.
While that was happening another man went behind the counter and tried to pick up the till.
But another staff member disturbed them and they made off empty-handed in the direction of Watford Road.
They were all wearing hoodies and tracksuit bottoms and are believed to have been wearing gloves.
Police believe the incident could be linked with a robbery in Meadow Park, Borehamwood, between 6pm and 6.30pm on the same night which left a 15-year-old boy with a broken jaw after being attacked by three white men.
- 1 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 2 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 8 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
Appealing for witnesses and information, Pc Laura Chillingworth, said: "Both incidents were extremely traumatic for the victims concerned - particularly for the teenager who sustained serious injury and had to have hospital treatment.