Shed fire in St Albans

A SHED fire spread to the back of a family home in St Albans last night.

The fire, caused by an electrical fault with a freezer stored in the shed, also destroyed the boiler flue and the guttering on the back of the home on Gorham Drive.

The residents were alerted to the fire by their pet dog whose barking drew their attention.

Two crews from St Albans Fire Station attended the fire at around midnight last night and had the fire under control within half an hour.

Nobody was hurt but the shed and adjoining outhouses were destroyed by the flames.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter