Shed fire in St Albans

PUBLISHED: 09:44 24 August 2011

Fire

Fire

Archant

A SHED fire spread to the back of a family home in St Albans last night.

The fire, caused by an electrical fault with a freezer stored in the shed, also destroyed the boiler flue and the guttering on the back of the home on Gorham Drive.

The residents were alerted to the fire by their pet dog whose barking drew their attention.

Two crews from St Albans Fire Station attended the fire at around midnight last night and had the fire under control within half an hour.

Nobody was hurt but the shed and adjoining outhouses were destroyed by the flames.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists