Share the warmth this winter and do your bit for Grove
- Credit: Getty Images/Monkey Business
Local resident Ralph Parry is helping to raise funds for Rennie Grove Hospice Care by encouraging people to “Share the Warmth” this winter.
Grove House in St Albans is now over 20 years old and the heating system is inefficient and needs to be upgraded. Ralph is suggesting that people may wish to consider donating all or part of their Winter Fuel Payment to go towards this upgrade.
Ralph said: “Some people are in the really fortunate position where they receive the Government’s winter fuel allowance but don’t actually need it. By donating all or part of their allowance to Rennie Grove’s Share the Warmth fund, people will be making a valuable contribution towards upgrading the heating system at Grove House and helping to keep those people who use the day services there nice and warm.
“As well as donating myself I have encouraged friends to consider donating part of their allowance too and am really pleased that within a month of launching our just giving page we have raised more than £1600 towards the new heating system.”
Rennie Grove provides a range of day services at Grove House that provide vital holistic care for local patients with life-limiting illness. The services are designed to enhance patients’ well-being and give them choice about the support they need, helping them to develop confidence in managing and living well with their illness.
You may also want to watch:
Patients might spend a whole day at Grove House benefitting from practical specialist nursing support in a social setting, or they might access individual sessions such as occupational therapy, physiotherapy, complementary therapy, exercise sessions or counselling.
Patients attending day services are vulnerable; the majority have cancer and many are over 65 and have low immune systems. Keeping these patients warm is essential and by Sharing the Warmth this winter you will be helping to make a real difference to these patients.
Donations to this important cause are welcome from anyone – not just those in receipt of the Government’s Winter Fuel Payment - so if you would like to make a contribution like Ralph and his friends please visit https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/irghhc/sharethewarmth
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?