Sexual exposure in St Albans park
- Credit: Debbie White
A group of people taking part in a boot camp in a St Albans park were left stunned when a man exposed himself in a children’s playground.
Herts Police have appealed for witnesses and information following the exposure in Longacres Park, Oakdene Way, on Friday, September 2.
At about 6.50am, a group of people were exercising in the park as part of a boot camp when some of them saw the man exposing himself in the children’s play area.
A spokeswoman for Herts Police said that no children were in the playground at that time, and one member of the group called police and gave details of the route that the offender took from the green space.
The flasher was described as a black man who was wearing black shorts, a blue Adidas tracksuit top and trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Steve Whittaker, investigating, and said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of Longacres, Oakdene Way or the Alban Way on Friday morning and believe they saw the man entering or leaving the park to please contact me.”
Anyone with information should call the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
Or, you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through its Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.