Severe flooding in St Albans flats
- Credit: Archant
A flat in St Albans was flooded last night due to problems with the boiler in the above property.
St Albans fire crews attended a flat that had been flooded at around 9pm in Burnside.
On arrival firefighters entered the property using a ladder to get in through the window.
A St Albans firefighter told the Herts Advertiser: “The flat above had flooded due to problems with its boiler which then leaked through to the flat below.
“We isolated the water.
“There was water damage but luckily nothing electrical had been affected.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival