Severe flooding in St Albans flats
- Credit: Archant
A flat in St Albans was flooded last night due to problems with the boiler in the above property.
St Albans fire crews attended a flat that had been flooded at around 9pm in Burnside.
On arrival firefighters entered the property using a ladder to get in through the window.
A St Albans firefighter told the Herts Advertiser: “The flat above had flooded due to problems with its boiler which then leaked through to the flat below.
“We isolated the water.
You may also want to watch:
“There was water damage but luckily nothing electrical had been affected.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital