Service changes for St Albans bus routes revealed
- Credit: Archant
Uno has revealed that 15 of its buses, including some which travel through St Albans, will experience service changes at the end of March.
From Sunday, March 26, onwards the changes to a number of Uno buses below will come into place:
Route 341/641: Route 341 will no longer serve Ware and will instead operate via Hertford Heath and Hoddesdon to Broxbourne. This will combine with route 641 to provide an hourly service between Hertford and Broxbourne. Within Hatfield, the bus will serve Hatfield Station, Hatfield Town Centre, The Forum, the Galleria, deHavilland Campus, Salisbury Village, Hatfield Garden Village, Lemsford Road and then terminate at Hatfield Town Centre.
The route in Hatfield will provide a replacement for route 607 that has been withdrawn by Hertfordshire County Council.
Route 404/405: The service will finish slightly earlier than it currently does.
You may also want to watch:
Route 601: Between Welwyn Garden City and St. Albans there will be timing changes to improve the punctuality of the service. Additionally, one bus an hour will be extended from St. Albans to Borehamwood via Park Street and Radlett as the partial replacement for route 655.
Route 602, 610/611, 653, and 657: There will be minor timing changes to improve punctuality on all five of these services.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
Route 614/644: Routes 614 and 644 will be extended from Hatfield Business Park to Hatfield Station via Wellfield Road. This service is replacing the current 600 service that is soon being withdrawn. Timing changes will also be made to improve punctuality.
Route 615: All journeys will now start and finish at Hatfield Business Park.
Route 635: Journeys are extended in Watford to serve Watford General Hospital and Watford Holywell Estate.
The new service change to the 635 route will provide a direct link between the two largest hospitals in Hertfordshire, the QE11, and Lister. There will also be timing changes to improve punctuality.
Route S1: In response to passenger demand Uno will be operating the service with a reduced 40-minute service between Cell Barnes and City Station.
An Uno spokesperson said: “The changes will improve punctuality and will replace routes that have been withdrawn due to funding cuts by Hertfordshire County Council.”
To view the new bus timetables visit http://www.unobus.info/routes.shtml