Serious Accident Near Markyate Closes Major Roads
A SERIOUS road traffic accident near Markyate has led to the closure of three major roads. The incident occurred just before 1pm today, when a HGV collided with a yellow Fiat Punto on the A5 close to the junction with the B4540 Luton Road near Markyate.
A SERIOUS road traffic accident near Markyate has led to the closure of three major roads.
The incident occurred just before 1pm today, when a HGV collided with a yellow Fiat Punto on the A5 close to the junction with the B4540 Luton Road near Markyate.
Hertfordshire firefighters attended the scene and had to cut out the Fiat Punto passengers, one of which was airlifted to a hospital in Cambridge by air ambulance.
Two other passengers were taken to the Luton and Dunstable Hospital, also with serious injuries, although the drivers of both vehicles escaped the accident unharmed.
You may also want to watch:
Road closures are currently in place on Luton Road, the High Street and London Road and they are expected to remain in place for the next couple of hours while police carry out investigations.
Police are advising motorists to avoid the area if possible as delays are expected.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact Serious Traffic Incident investigator PC Bob Hauxwell on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.